Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Ryedale Rumble’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Ryedale Rumble’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Ryedale Rumble at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Ryedale Rumble’s web site are provided “as is”. Ryedale Rumble makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Ryedale Rumble does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Ryedale Rumble or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Ryedale Rumble’s Internet site, even if Ryedale Rumble or a Ryedale Rumble authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Ryedale Rumble’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Ryedale Rumble does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Ryedale Rumble may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Ryedale Rumble does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Ryedale Rumble has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Ryedale Rumble of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Ryedale Rumble’s web site shall be governed by UK laws without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
The Ryedale Rumble is entirely managed by volunteers and all profits from the event will be go towards the work of the charity – Friends of Ryedale School (Charity No. 1040144). Further information can be found on the Charity Commission website. Some services such as event timing, medical support and caterers are employed by the organisers where it is deemed beyond the capability of the organisers. This is not a British Cycling event though it is registered with them and they are providing the organisers with advice, support and registration services.
Ryedale School supports the event and has representation within the Friends of Ryedale School committee.
Funds raised by the Ryedale Rumble will be directed towards the new build programme, a £1.7M initiative which will see nine new classrooms created as well as other refurbishments.